CultureShock $50,000 Pivot & Pitch Competition
We’re awarding a total of $50,000 to Black founders who have shown resilience and innovation despite the global pandemic! Winners will receive a non-dilutive cash prize, a COLLAB prize pack, hands-on assistance for COLLAB, access to highly-coveted resources and an exclusive opportunity to earn an investment from Collab Capital.
Applications are now closed. Join us as we hear the top 5 founders pitch their startups and compete for a chance to win cash prizes!
The following are eligibility requirements for the pitch competition:
- Founder must be 18+ years of age
- Startup must be 51%+ Black owned
- A full application must be submitted via the Collab Studio website by May 20th
- Your company must show an innovative approach to solving a problem
- You must effectively showcase how you’ve launched, pivoted or adjusted your businesses to meet the needs of consumers created by COVID-19
- If selected, must be available to pitch on Sunday, May 24th during virtual event
- Your startup has not been acquired
- Is not a consultancy, .gov, .edu, .org, blog, devshop, or bitcoin/crypto-mining company
- If selected as a finalist, a member of founding team must pitch
- Recommended: Attend the Cultivating the Perfect Pitch Deck webinar on May 19th
- Bonus points if you can show us an uptick in revenue since the start of the global pandemic
- Application opens on Wednesday, May 13 at 2PM EST
- Deadline for submission is Wednesday, May 20 at 9PM EST
- Applicants will hear about their status and any next steps starting Thursday, May 21
- The community will be invited to join us live as we watch the finalists pitch on Sunday, May 24th
Founded by Scooter Taylor and Tre’von Hill, QuarantineCon is an event turned digital community that is helping people learn, partner and connect from the comfort of their homes during this global pandemic. Learn more at quarantinecon.co.
Black founders & entrepreneurs have what it takes to create & experience immense success, but don’t always have the support and resources they need to take their business to the next level. Collab Studio‘s goal is to remain founder-focused and equip those we serve with tools and information they often times don’t have access to when they need it.